People tend to keep up with trends, and fashion is the ultimate trend we try to keep up with. An integral part of one’s personality; the way you carry yourself manipulates the way you want the world to perceive you. And, this is where fashion designers come in, with their own charm, to help you define yourself. An industry that has been booming for ages, and will continue for centuries, these are the designers that stand out.
- Gabrielle “Coco” Bonheur Chanel: Does Coco Chanel sound familiar? This famous French brand founded by Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel is at the zenith of the fashion world. Madame Gabrielle’s modern practical approach helps create a subtle yet luxurious outfit that tremendously influenced 20th-century fashion. Also, she is the only designer to make it to the Time 100: Most influential people of the century. The Chanel women suit is one of a kind in the fashion world.
- Giorgio Armani: Men, if you are on the lookout for a clean tailored look, Giorgio Armani is the brand to go for. The Italian designer is known for making men look seamlessly elegant and intense – bottom line a gentleman. He founded his company, Armani, in 1975 and by 2001 he re-introduced Italy in the mainstream fashion world by being the most successful Italian designer with an annual turnover of $1.6 billion.
- Donatella Versace: Gianni Versace’s sister Donatella Versace took Versace to a whole new level after taking over the company after her brother’s death. Donatella made sure that the brand did not limit itself to outstanding outfits, but made sure that your accessories and your house furnishing remained top notch too.
- Ralph Lauren: When it comes to the world of fashion, you can’t think of the word Polo without Ralph Lauren. Let’s go back to 1972; remember the short-sleeved shirt with the Polo logo in it – yes, this man from New York created that and it is here to stay for an eternity. An incredible designer of our time, he also has a unique collection of marquee cars that are worth drooling over.
- Betsey Johnson: American designer Betsey Johnson has her unique signature style. Her designs give out that jolly, can color vibe and all that we can say is that it is capricious. Unique color combinations and feminine cuts make her designs flexible and cater to every mood that has a capability to brighten dull moments. Ever since she was mentioned in the “Fashion Walk of Fame” 2002, she started designing accessories, handbags, scarves, and hats, thus expanding her reach.
- Yves Saint Laurent: French designer, Yves Saint Laurent, and Pierre Bergé founded Yves Saint Laurent or in short YSL. Laurent is one of the incredible designers to have emerged in the 20th century. He had the capability to magically transform a bold masculine outfit and make it feminine. Thanks to him for giving men the “smoking jackets” and bestowing “power suits” upon women, which he created in 1966. Laurent had the ability to empower women by giving them a bold daring outfit while maintaining their feminine aspects at the same time.
These designers have stormed the fashion industry with their creativity which is unique and has the capability to be eternally remembered.